Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Elephant-inspired Baby Shower Cake

I posted a sneak peek of this cake on Saturday - now here it is.  A very cute elephant inspired 3-tier baby shower cake.  The top two-tiers were vanilla butter cake with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream.  The bottom tier was chocolate velvet with chocolate swiss meringue buttercream.
I was sent this lovely inspiration photo from the Potter Barn Baby website.  Isn't that so adorable?
 And another view of this cake.  I just loved this colour palette.  And speaking of colour, if you are from Canada, I'm running a Tetley Tea Gift Basket contest until December 19th, so enter now.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I love this! The colour is beautiful and the little elephants around the base are so cute...

Luisa said...

Preciosa y delicada!!

Muy bonita!!

Besos
http://dolcelui.blogspot.com

giovanna said...

oh how cute is this? love it and I also like using different size tiers. looks great!

Cassiny said...

What an adorable cake! It's fondant cake, right? I love the concept! It would also probably look as great or even better (since I favor the color more) in pink.

SweetThingsTO said...

Thank you ladies!

@Cassiny Yes, this cake is covered in fondant. And I'd love to do this cake again in any pale colour palette :-)

Tanya said...

Aw, love the elephant boarder at the bottom!

Stephanie said...

Just perfect! I saw your post a few days ago on the elephant and was looking forward to seeing the completed cake. I'm sure this was a 'wow' factor at the party!

Cake Fixation said...

oh, its so adorable! I love it!

Maria_the_Oiler said...

Loveeeee it! Your baby theme cakes are awesome! Just adorable!

Heaven is a Cupcake said...

So beautiful :)

Deeva said...

The color theme is the business, love it. Wonderful job!

Sandra said...

Very Sweet Idea