Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Simple and Elegant Wedding Cake

I haven't posted any recent wedding cakes in a while.  Here is a lovely, simple and elegant wedding cake I did in the spring in the wonderful Distillery District of Toronto.

The wedding had fresh tulips scattered everywhere  - I sure fell in love with tulips that day!  I didn't make the tulips on the cake, but when I get an opportunity, I will tackle handmade sugar tulips - they are just too lovely!
This cake had a wonderful, subtle texture that I added to the tiers - loved how it turned out!  And also happy I took so many different photos from different angles.

6 comments:

Ronna said...

Lovely and elegant.

Maxine said...

So elegant - and sophisicated.
And the tulips just add that special touch.

Maxine

Barb said...

Pretty. I love tulips also.

Pink Little Cake said...

I love the touch of color that the tulips add to the cake, very elegant.

Cris said...

Beautiful cake! I love it!

Maria_the_Oiler said...

I love the texture on the fondant, very elegant