Tuesday, June 21, 2011

1st Birthday Cake: Toybox Cake

As a cake designer, there is always a theme or design that you hope someone will order soon or you try to make up an excuse to make it for a friend.  I was excited to get this order for a 1st birthday - I love the toybox design.
 Last year I created this couple's baby shower cake with the yellow booties.  Their daughter just turned 1 and I included some of her favorite toys handmade in sugarpaste.
 Here is the birthday girl reaching out for one of the sugar details - how cute!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous - love it!

giovanna said...

you are incredible! I looove it!

Pink Little Cake said...

Beautiful cake. The gumpaste animals and details are fabulous. You are going to have so much fun when you have the baby, you are going to be able to make some fun cakes for her/him. I always look forward for Cami's birthday to make her cake because I know I can make whatever I want, at least, for now.

Snooky doodle said...

AWESOME :)

Heaven is a Cupcake said...

That is so sweet :) And I love the pic with the birthday girl!

Soo Bakery said...

OMG! it so cute..love the toys :)

faithy said...

So cute and so adorable! Your animal figures are awesome!

Brandy L said...

Amazing cake Juanita! I love all the little animal details you put into this cake!

SweetThingsTO said...

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments!

@Pink Little Cake - Yes, that will be fun! Or maybe I will be too tired and just buy from someone else :-)

Нели said...

Прекрасна е !Много сладурска :)

Deeva said...

This is too darn adorable!

Maria_the_Oiler said...

Adorable!!!!!

Marj Jenkins said...

Yup - I agree with everyone else... This is a cute one, for sure! I always consider itthe best compliment when a child can't help but touch a cake I make. Love the picture of the birthday girl with your creation!

Tracy said...

Thank You again for the wonderful cake!