Tuesday, March 27, 2012

1st Birthday: Classic Winnie the Pooh Cake

Many people ask if I have favorite cakes that I have made and it is really hard to narrow down a small selection.  However, I have to admit, I really fell in love with this cake design of Classic Winnie the Pooh.

The client said that I could do whatever I wanted for the 1st birthday cake.  I was so excited, as I love Classic Pooh.  I read the ABC book to my daughter every night before bedtime.
The 2-tiers of cake were banana sour cream cake with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream, as the birthday boy, Liam loves banana.
Here is sweet little Liam with his parents blowing out the candle (they had the perfectly matching candle too!)  I also received the most wonderful Thank You card in the mail from them last week - it sure made my day!

9 comments:

Erin said...

So great! I love the honey pots!

Barbara said...

The characters are so cute. It is such a lovely cake.

Jenniffer said...

This is SO cute! I love the Classic Pooh design!

Anonymous said...

so so sweet cake!

Pink Little Cake said...

The honey pots, the doors and tree trunks are adorable, well everything is on this cake. Good job Juanita.

xflicx said...

I love classic pooh, you've done an amazing job, so talented :) xoxo

faithy said...

Such an adorable and cute cake!

Paula said...

Little Liam seems enthralled with his cake. I know I am. I love all your Pooh characters an especially Eyore and Tigger with their heads sticking out. The honey pots on the top are such a fantastic detail. You never forgot anything. It is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I soooo wish you were closer to us!!! I took this picture to one of our local bakeries and asked if we could get this done - and they said NO. They could do the fondant, but could not do the sculpturing. My daughter-in-law's baby shower is only a few weeks away and she is having a Classic Winnie themed baby room/shower - and I am having NO LUCK finding even a cake topper in Classic Winnie :( So bummed....